Child Welfare Consulting
You are here
Creating positive outcomes for the children you serve
Child Welfare Consulting Services
MAXIMUS has a long history of helping child welfare and protective services programs achieve their mission of protecting our most at-risk populations. In addition to assisting child welfare programs in finding new ways of meeting the demands of heavy case loads, our consultants assist in the planning, monitoring and implementation of child welfare systems (SACWIS).
As your one-stop solution, MAXIMUS helps you meet your most difficult management and operations challenges. We never forget that despite the barriers encountered, your primary objective is to continually strive to improve services and the outcomes for the children and families you serve.
Solutions Tailored to Meet Your Needs
MAXIMUS can help you turn your visions into reality. No matter how large or small the project, MAXIMUS can assemble a child welfare team to match your unique needs. Our approach is based on working closely with you and tailoring our efforts to your goals and constraints. This attention to detail ensures that our team will have a mix of knowledge, skills and experience that no other firm can match.
Fostering Connections Act
The Fostering Connections Act, which was signed into law on October 7, 2008, brings new child welfare requirements for all states, in addition to providing a number of opportunities for states to receive additional funding. MAXIMUS will assist your agency in assessing the impact of this legislation and in making the changes necessary to implement both the mandatory and optional portions of this law.
Title IV-E Foster Care and Adoption Assistance
MAXIMUS assists with child welfare programs by providing support services, including:
- Compliance reviews to ensure Title IV-E eligible foster care and adoption cases are determined and documented consistent with federal requirements
- Reviews of Title IV-E ineligible foster care and adoption subsidy cases to identify errors and/or additional information which can make cases eligible
- Audit preparation and assistance, ranging from preparation of case files to onsite technical assistance during the audit
- Policy analysis to identify areas of policy that are inconsistent with federal requirements
- Policy manual and form development
- Staff training on eligibility requirements
Comprehensive Consulting Services
- Business process reengineering
- Title IV-E compliance and audit preparation
- Caseload analysis and service delivery model redesign
- Policy and procedures review and development
- Administrative practices improvement services
- Performance outcomes definition, management and tracking
- Best practices and process improvement training
- Program and system quality assurance services
- Child Welfare Systems (SACWIS) planning, acquisition support and implementation oversight
- Comprehensive needs assessment