Effort Reporting System & Services
Institutions are continually challenged with ensuring that they are compliant. Our proprietary Web-based Effort Reporting System (ERS) and related consulting services help central and academic departments comply with increasingly complex federal regulations surrounding effort reporting and managing effort commitments.
Efficient Compliance System Assistance
ERS makes the effort reporting process more efficient. ERS interfaces with your accounting, pre-award and payroll systems to collect the necessary data for completing the effort reporting process. ERS is the most comprehensive tool for managing, planning, tracking and reporting effort commitments from pre-award to post-award to close out of the project.
Long-Term Benefits of ERS
- Mitigates risk and promotes a structured discipline that reinforces compliance
- Streamlines the effort reporting process by using electronic forms
- Provides an audit trail, using an automated workflow process with notification and escalation for delinquent forms and recording retroactive labor costs transfers
- Supports any frequency of certification, including multiple simultaneous reporting periods, and is accessible 24/7
- Provides management reporting for many roles, including ad hoc reporting
- Tracks and manages committed effort at multiple levels by month within the project’s budget period
- Provides for a proactive and more prepared federal audit process
An Experienced Team of Professionals
Our effort reporting experts assist higher education institutions in the development of effort reporting policies, procedures and systems. We have an in-house staff of technical experts, with experience in the development and implementation of systems, who can help you develop or improve your effort reporting process or system. Our functional staff members have many years of effort reporting experience in research institutions and can help your institution develop policies and procedures to strengthen your compliance initiatives. Our experienced team also provides training for your management and staff on the nuances and intricacies of effort reporting.
Effort Reporting Consulting Services
- Complete diagnostic review of current processes, procedures and systems
- Compliance review of performance standards
- Development or review of policies and procedures
- Training for department administrators and certifiers
- Needs assessment and gap analysis
- System integration
- Establishment of affordable processes