Child Support Consulting Services
MAXIMUS provides state, local, and tribal governments with professional, unbiased analysis of the best solutions for child support enforcement programs to help you improve the efficiency and customer satisfaction of your program.
Utilizing proven methodologies and our child support program experts, we assess your program, collect and analyze data, survey key stakeholders, and examine trends to make recommendations for enhancing operations and outcomes of state child support enforcement programs.
Achieving a Higher Level of Success
Based on our deep understanding of the complexities of child support, MAXIMUS works with our clients to maximize the performance of child support enforcement programs. We use the latest techniques to establish responsibility and collect child support debt. Our consultants have assisted states with designing and operating new collections programs, developing advanced planning documents (APDs) for new automated child support enforcement systems and state disbursement units, and providing independent verification and validation (IV&V) services for child support systems projects.
Although many states have achieved initial certification for their child support systems, much of the technology has changed. Today, there are new, more efficient mechanisms to meet the needs of this critical program and we can help.
With experience in providing customer service, working with non-custodial parents and employers, and understanding the interface of child support with public assistance, foster care and Medicaid, our consultants work with you to develop solutions that resolve outstanding issues or enhance current processes that lead to increased collection of child support payments.
Comprehensive Child Support Services
- Process and performance improvement projects
- Special improvement and Section 1115 grant implementation assistance
- Tribal IV-D program implementation through technical assistance and training
- Arrears management and early intervention consulting
- Program training
- Strategic planning
- Business process reengineering
- Request for proposals development and grant application assistance
- Locate, paternity determination, and order establishment and modification
- Employer database clean-up, validation, and maintenance
- Medical support enforcement
- Customer service
- Staff outsourcing (program and systems)
- Interstate case management