You are here
Keeping your business compliant with employment eligibility regulations
Employment Verification Services
As a certified E-Verify Designated Agent, MAXIMUS has integrated its Electronic I-9 Management Services with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' E-Verify program, enabling employers to be in full compliance with the various federal and state regulations requiring E-Verify participation.
Why is E-Verify Important to You?
- E-Verify is a web-based system that allows employers to electronically validate the employment eligibility of newly hired workers.
- In 2009, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security made it mandatory for federal contractors and subcontractors to use E-Verify to validate that employees are eligible to work in the United States.
- Three states (Arizona, Mississippi, and South Carolina) require E-Verify participation for all employers, both public and private.
- Nine other states (Colorado, Georgia, Idaho, Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, and Utah) require E-Verify participation for those working in the public domain: state agencies, contractors or subcontractors.
- E-Verify is now being used to certify the work authorization for one in four new hires nationwide, a 247% increase in usage since 2007.
Stay Ahead of the Curve
Our web-based employment eligibility verification services will minimize your risk exposure and keep you fully compliant, in the wake of changing regulations, intensified immigration audits and expanding E-Verify requirements for state and private businesses.