For Medical Professionals
You are here
Building a panel of medical professionals to ensure quality health care for all
National Panel of Health Care Reviewers
Our national movement towards managed care frequently pits the needs of patients against health plan budgets. Patients have the right to appeal adverse decisions through independent external review organizations like MAXIMUS.
MAXIMUS is the sole external review organization for Medicare Parts A, C, and D. As a Qualified Independent Contractor (QIC) for CMS, we serve as the administrative vendor for the entire QIC program (AdQIC).
We also provide professional and timely medical reviews for the US Office of Personnel Management, which oversees health plans for employees of the US Federal government, as well as for more than 30 state regulatory agencies.
Join our National Panel of Health Care Reviewers
MAXIMUS offers a wide range of opportunities for qualified physicians and other practitioners, such as chiropractors, podiatrists, speech pathologists, physical and occupational therapists, and other health professionals. A qualified applicant may work as an off-site independent consultant or as an on-site hourly employee in one of our offices. Many of our consultants find case review to be intellectually rewarding and a welcome added dimension to their clinical activities.
If you are a health care professional and would like to join our national panel of reviewers, you must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited school
- Hold an active and unrestricted license in your state of practice
- Be board certified by an ABMS or AOA recognized board
- Hold a valid DEA certification, if applicable
- Have a minimum of 5 years active practice experience
- Have malpractice insurance coverage, if actively practicing
- Have no history of disciplinary actions
- Be in active practice a minimum of 24 hours a week as required for some projects but not required for all on-site work